domingo, 4 de noviembre de 2007

Volunteer work in community tourism

2007/11/3, Lois Duhourcau : Dear Sir or Madam,I am studying International Management at the Manchester Business School(University of Manchester, United-Kingdom); and am currently in an exchangeyear in Spain at the University of Navarra. I am very interested in thepossibility of obtaining a summer internship at Ecotrackers during the summer2008.After various work experiences and volunteering in the sports industry, e.g.:working at Rip Curl or creating Anglet Surf Photo, I would like to experiencevolunteering in a different perspective while being an intern in thedevelopment of a community ecotourism center. Ecotrackers being a global leaderin this field, an internship at your company seems to be ideal for me forlearning, performing and networking.My previous professional, associative and academic experiences such as theManchester Leadership Program enhanced my sense of responsibility and myteamworking skill through work placement and volunteering. This internshipwould provide me the ideal opportunity to assist at your organisation and toexpand my competence.I also believe the multilingual dimension of Ecotrackers Foundation completelycorresponds to my trilingual profile; hence I am more than motivated to work onthe field in Ecuador.The prospect of working for your company, which values people, leadership, andethics among its top assets for its contribution to the community, brings me toenquire as to whether I would be able to hold an interview in order to considerhow my young experience, my enthusiasm, and my abilities could fulfill yourneeds and expectations.I enclose my CV for your attention; I would be available for interview at yourconvenience.Yours sincerely.Lois DUHOURCAU
Hola Lois
Ni siquiera voy a leer tu currículum porque seguramente has enviado la misma propuesta a varios lugares y sólo nos interesas si puedes ser honesto, valiente y no te la pasas remordido entre dudas y dudas, (lo cual normalmente no está incluido en el CV).
Aparentemente eres perfecto para trabajar con nosotros pero te pregunto: ¿ Qué realmente puedes y te gustaría hacer bien aquí, en ese tiempo que dices que tienes?
Además:¿ Estas dispuesto a pagar sabiendo que te vas a enfrentar a alturas de 4000 metros, a rigores de la selva del Amazonas, a ladrones, a enfermedades e incomodidades, para te ayudemos entender y a vivir lo extraño y te obliguemos a hacer un buen reporte?
Durante 2500 años Europa enseño a su gente a transportar los recursos y el trabajo de mundo a su continente para lo cual usaron la conquista, la esclavitud, las pestes y la economía a su favor. ¿Estás dispuesto con nosotros a investigar lo inverso, esto es como transportar los recursos de Inglaterra para proteger a la naturaleza, las culturas ancestrales y a la gente pobre del Sudamérica?
Escríbeme después que te pegues una ducha bien fría, te tomes un buen te caliente, revises bien las opciones y tengas claro en tu cabeza que esto es serio, recuerda que con nosotros te juegas tu tiempo, tu dinero y tu salud por aprender lo contrario a lo que aprendiste en tu viejo mundo, sin mas profesor que la realidad.
A lo mejor te conviene sólo unas vacaciones con un simulacro de trabajo voluntario en ese "mundo feliz de gringos viajeros".
Saludos Maximiliano Moreno
Director de estudiantes y voluntarios

No hay comentarios: